- Renewable Electricity Standards: State Success Stories, with the Governors Wind Energy Coalition, March 2013. (PDF)
- The Machine in the Garden: Linking Biofuels Research and Development to Ecological Principles, with Gretchen Bonfert, March 2008 poster presentation at the Conference on the Ecological Dimensions of Biofuels. (PDF)
- Wind Empowerment Zones, Energy Foundation, September 1999. (PDF)
- A Discussion and Critique of Market Transformation: Challenges and Perspectives, Energy Center of Wisconsin, with Dan York, June 1999.
- Powerful Solutions: Seven Ways to Switch America to Renewable Electricity, Union of Concerned Scientists, January 1999. With Alan Nogee, Steve Clemmer, and Brent Haddad.
- Green Power In Perspective: Lessons from Green Marketing of Consumer Goods, Electricity Journal, January-February 1998. (PDF)
- Determinants of Effectiveness for Environmental Certification and Labeling Programs, Abt Associates, for the US Environmental Protection Agency, April 1994, with Andrew Stoeckle, and Han Wang.
- “Enviro CD-ROMs“, Living on Earth (NPR), December 2, 1994.